ZEST—A New Chapter
Ihave always wanted to do a literary-themed event. I love books. So, I collected a series of books and crafted a menu inspired by those stories.
The date is so be determined, and the menu is not final. But, in case you wanted a sneak-peek, here you go!
- Whiskey & Rye chocolate chip cookies – Catcher in the Rye
- Black & White cookies – Jekyll & Hyde
- Biscuit & Jam Kits – Alice in Wonderland
- Mini poppy seed cakes – Jane Eyre
- Lemon cakes topped with gold – The Great Gatsby
- Raspberry crepe cake – Gone Girl
- Two-toned shortbread/meringue kisses – Romeo & Juliet
- Honey & Peach jar desserts – The Secret Life of Bees
- Balloon macaron pops – IT
- Anchor/whale cake – Moby Dick
Once again, still a work in progress, but the idea is there! I am very excited to plan everything out further and get everything in place. No rush though, as I want it to be completely safe for everyone that attends.
“Get busy living!”
I am beyond excited to host this event and raise more money for a good cause. 100% of the proceeds will go to the Black Visions Collective, a black, trans, & queer-led organization that is committed to dismantling systems of oppression and violence, and shifting the public narrative to create transformative, long-term change.